As Julia has been practicing family law since 1995, she has the skill and experience in identifying the best outcome for you and your family. Julia makes it a priority to really listen to clients and understand what they want to achieve before recommending a course of action. Julia is an advocate of using alternative means of resolving family separation such as Mediation or Collaborative Law particularly if you have children whilst she also has the experience and skills to represent you during court proceedings if necessary. Unusually Julia will undertake much of her own advocacy which she enjoys when the need arises. Julia understands that every case is different and adjusts her style to help you achieve your desired outcome.
Areas of Expertise
- Any aspect of Children Law
- Divorce and financial settlements
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Cohabitation disputes
- Cohabitation agreements
- Collaborative law
- Drafting consent orders
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
- Approved by Resolution to offer MIAMS meetings (a legal requirement before issuing court proceedings – exceptions apply)
Recent matters include
- Mediating a contentious dispute between two siblings over their father’s estate and helping to achieve a successful outcome.
- Acting for a father in a private law children case to ensure that he has been able to resume a relationship with his child after the mother stopped all contact for 16 months.
- Acting for a client who wished to remove her child from the jurisdiction to live in Canada and obtaining a successful outcome which resulted in a meaningful relationship with the non-resident father.
- Collaborating with another local family lawyer and agreeing a successful outcome within a month of receiving instructions.
- Accredited as a Family Lawyer Specialist by the Law Society
- BA (Hons); CPE and LPC with commendation
- Specialist Family Lawyer accredited by Resolution
- Collaboratively Trained Lawyer since December 2007
- Mediator since March 2012
- Accredited Family Mediator
- Member of ‘Bright Pod’ – Brighton Collaborative Group www.brightpod.co.uk
- Member of Sussex Family Solutions Pod – www.sussexfamilysolutions.com
Other points of interest
- Julia is an experienced family law solicitor with over 18 years experience in dealing with all aspects of family law.
- Julia has a particular expertise in children law, having dealt with a number of challenging cases over her career. She is also skilled in advising on complex matrimonial and financial cases
- Julia is always keen to encourage clients to resolve their cases without going to court and can offer either mediation or a collaborative approach as an alternative to clients who wish to avoid acrimonious and protracted legal disputes. These alternative options can be cost-effective and are particularly helpful where children are involved. Julia strongly believes in trying to promote dispute resolution as a way of achieving a good divorce and separation.
- Julia will often undertake her own advocacy when needed or instruct Barristers in more complex cases, she has good relationships with Local and London Chambers to help clients choose the right person to represent them in their case.
- Julia enjoys travelling; spending time with her family and socialising with her friends.
– See more at: http://www.wfsblaw.co.uk/home/people/julia-dyson